Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #149
Da_Czar
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Looks good as most have said, but I still think spacing and path finding for the AI will be an issue. I've struggled sometimes to play 2k14 (PS4) because of the crazy scramble that ensues when you call for a pick or as a result of a broken play. It looks like its better, but you still see the crazy bunching up in some areas of the floor. Granted, it does happen for real in the NBA at times but not that often. Guess we'll see how it all turns out soon enough!
The more structured you play the less you will see it. But it is going to happen also in any freelance where we don't have excellent coverage ( corners) it is more prone to happen.

For quick iso's and pnr's however we rewrote that spacing to be really good except in a few specific cases so if you hit those cases it won't be noice but overall this is a much improved area.

Every year we will find and eliminate more of these cases. You can't always account for a guy getting bumped or a user trying something that a hooper wouldn't normally attempt.

And I do think that in a video game, especially when your watching and not playing, you are prone to notice more of what happens in a regular game even though it actually occurs in a regular game.

I swear some people think no 2 nba players on the same team ever occupy the same space at the same time IRL. LOL.

The game is not perfect but we attacked a lot of wish list items to improve them as much as we could and will continue to do that.

If you see back to back comparisons of how 2k14 handled some of these situations and how 2k15 does it is clear to see.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B