View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #62
JRT2006
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JRT2006's Madden Scouting Tool

Running a draft now with new averaged grade values.

If these values are correct, and they appear to be based on my data, scouting right should give you a fairly good representation of how well your player will fit your scheme, yet give you the potential bust factor as well.

Considering, a C level grade could mean a high D rating, you don't know exactly what you are getting.

I'm also going to stick to some rules to draft by, just to make it more interesting for me.

I will scout 9 attributes for each prospect, except positions I am looking for an immediate starter in, then I will scout 12 (if applicable).

I won't scout awareness unless it is for a position i want to start immediately (except OL, because they only have 9 scoutable attributes). Awareness is easily built up with time throughout the season and I want to focus on talent for positions of the future.

I'm going to draft based on value, one by one down the list. Only a few exceptions to this rule (I won't draft a player projected more than 2 rounds below my current pick. I wont draft a position twice unless I need to, regardless of value)

I'm going to ATTEMPT to scout an even amount of players per round near my pick range

I'm going to stray from my scheme and player type unless they are drastically different (4-3 zone CB when I want a 3-4 Man, Power Run Power Back when I am looking for a receiving back)

I'll report with my results

Last edited by JRT2006; 09-27-2014 at 10:57 PM.