View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #151
itbeme23
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

I want to preface this by saying that I've been exclusively testing in Play Now. While I'd like to test in CFM, setting up all 32 teams takes FOREVER. I've been testing for much of the last week or so, and I have about 7 completed games. Rather than go into long recaps of each game like I've done in previous posts, I'm just going to stick with observations/feedback about the sliders themselves.

1. I've been testing the fumble slider at 4 for both CPU and Human, per SEC's suggestion. To be honest, I don't see a difference between the two. Fumbles are still prevalent, especially on the CPU side. While I've seen skill players fumble the ball as well, it's mainly the CPU QBs who are fumbling the ball when they get hit. Although it's cool to see turnovers affecting the game as they do in real life, IMO, it's a little overdone on the CPU side. Similarly, I have observed the same thing on the Human side with the QB fumbling more often than not, every time that he is hit. It seems like every time I scramble out of the pocket with Kaepernick, it results in a fumble, regardless if I'm trying to slide or using R1 to protect the ball. I will probably be raising the fumble slider by one click to the CPU and Human. I want fumbles to have an affect on the game, but most of these fumbles are drive-killing. While that should happen some time, it's happening with more frequency than I'd like. Just my two cents....

2. QB Accuracy. Personally, I don't see an issue with CPU QB Accuracy at two. As SEC stated, at 2, you can distinguish between average and elite QBs. In a test game yesterday, Drew Breez was injured, and the Saints brought in Luke McCown. You could DEFINITELY see the difference between the two as far as accuracy. However, I have raised the Human Accuracy to 5. At 2, I was just seeing far too many throws that were WAY off their intended targets, as I said in a previous post. At 5, I still see balls that are off target, but not with as much unrealistic frequency.

3. Pass Coverage. A lot of people have asked about why pass coverage is so high on both sides. It's already been stated that this year, Man Coverage is pretty bad, so pass coverage needs to be high in order to obtain realistic QB completion percentages. The Human Pass Coverage at 82 coupled with CPU QB Accuracy at 2, provides a realistic result, in my opinion. The CPU will still test the downfield pass. They will get hot and complete a few passes in a row, but if you put pressure on the QB, the completion percentages will be at a realistic clip. Conversely, I am tweaking the CPU Pass Coverage slider to better suit my skill level. I lowered it to 77, and found passing to be a little bit too easy for my liking. I lowered it to 80, and still found it too difficult. So, I'm assuming 78 or 79 will by MY sweetspot.

Again, slider sets are not going to be universal. Everybody has a different playing style and skill level, so you need to be able to make adjustments. I will say that if you're looking for simulation and realism, then this is a damn good base set to start off with. Keep in mind, that playcalling has a HUGE effect with these sliders. If you call the wrong play, more often than not, the CPU WILL burn you with the pass or the run. Don't get discouraged with the set as a whole because you have a bad game or half. Make adjustments.
Advertisements - Register to remove