View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove