View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
ClassActFan
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: This is whats wrong with H2H online

Par for the course, I reckon.

I just got Madden '15 on Monday, and I'm 3-5 online. Yikes! This is unusual for me, as in past Maddens I maintained 20-30 games over .500 (albeit on the last two Maddens I didn't play much -- HATED Madden '13, because everybody used the Ravens and Niners ad nauseum).

2 losses weren't my fault. In one loss, I was up 14-10 with a minute and 30 seconds left, a fresh set of downs on offense, and my opponent only had 2 timeouts, when the game disconnected and it gave me the loss/augmented DC percentage. Second loss of the 2, it was a 7-7 game when it disconnected, giving me another loss. Won 3 in a row to get to 3-3 but I've lost two straight.

I've only ran into one guy who was obsessed with onside kicks. He beat me, unfortunately. But I guess that's -- as I said -- par for the course.

I'm a casual gamer these days, but I have a huge competitive streak and online gaming, even when it can be a pain and raises my blood pressure through the roof (I surmise), satiates that desire, despite all the bullcrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I hate that but it's whatever to me if it's at the end of the game. When it's the other way around and I'm in the lead it sucks too. If I go conservative and eat up the clock they get on the mic and call me out for being a coward. If I keep playing then I'm a jerk for running up the score.

Overall, online ranked players are the worst gamers to deal with.
I have my privacy settings set to only friends being able to contact me with text/voice (Xbox One). A setting that I appreciate a lot!

It's unfortunate if a legit player tries to message me something important or a "good game" afterwards, but I guess that's the sacrifice for all the d-bags online who send vulgar, juvenile, childish garbage that ruin the experience.

Last edited by ClassActFan; 10-10-2014 at 10:48 AM.