Old 10-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #61
VDusen04
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: IGN Review (7.8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
Does anyone really believe that even the most casual of sports gamer was waiting to see how IGN scored it before buying? I really just think it's going to be talked about by those who already have the game or those already planning to wait for Live. I REALLY can't see this hurting 2K other than bringing up the obvious that everyone should already know if they have a pulse.
I most certainly believe reviews from IGN can play a role in one's decision to purchase a game, particularly those without an ear to the ground in the online sports community.

For instance, I watch & read various reviews for non-sports games from IGN and other sites like it for games that fall in a community for which I am not a part (say, for Bioshock: Infinite, which I had no clue about). Those reviews alone did not make my decisions, but they certainly aided in the process.

I think the IGN review likely did its job here. If there was a gamer trying to figure out whether to buy NBA 2K right now, that IGN review would likely have told them that it's a very good game but the online portion is really struggling at this moment. That can be helpful information, even if it doesn't make or break one's purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove