Old 10-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #84
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I can assure you WR catch has no effect on separation nor does pass reaction seem to effect running ability. Threshold adjustments have more effect then this. I would personally recommend keeping threshold near EAs base setting of 50. It really mucks with the game. I play at 45 to try to give HB a little boost. If you want an explanation of this slider go to my Threshold slider thread (it is information from EA back when they used to explain sliders).

...Pass reaction has no effect on M2M coverage, that I have witnessed....Reaction Time is about the quickness of players initiating movement to the ball carrier/receiver....In Zone defense the Higher the Reaction time, the quicker the defender responds to where the ball is thrown; inversely, the slower the defenders respond to the RB on a hand off....

I read your threshold explanation - based on speculation;...interesting but still not cold hard facts backed by EA.

PAss Coverage obviously works, on M2m Coverage...Good luck with showing solid results with zone...

I am testing with all player ratings, core and position specific ratings set at 70; thus all i am seeing is the effects of slider changes...without taking into account different player abilities.

Pass Coverage in itself is not consistent; the route run has a effect on separation too....

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-13-2014 at 06:19 PM.