View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #1639
SwaggerCoach
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I've been adjusting a key area that has made a HUGE impact in keeping games against the CPU challenging:

Team schemes.

Now obviously if you're online, you can't edit the CPU's schemes. But this works beautifully in offline CFM.

What I do is check to see what scheme my opponent is running and if it makes sense for them given their personnel. For example, if I see a team is loaded at QB and WR and yet is still running a power run scheme, I switch it up to balanced or vertical.

This has the CPU play MUCH more to their strengths.

I just finished a game against the Ravens in year 2 of my offline CFM as the Chargers. Before the game, I moved their scheme from power run to balanced. They had a 73 OVL rookie RB and their O-line didn't have power run players.

It made the game far more challenging. Flacco was slinging it to the Smiths and Pitta in a methodical, tough to stop onslaught. It was another immensely fun game. I only sacked him twice and had to fight to stay in the game.

So if you're rolling offline, check the CPU schemes. This will give you a better challenge.

I haven't messed around with the playbooks...but this might also dramatically reduce sacks. If the CPU is trying to dial up these looooooooong plays that take forever to develop, they might be getting sacked more often. I've been taking mental notes of my opponents scheme and playbook and then jotting down sack numbers. Hopefully I will find a correlation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk