View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #88
PhiPsi1
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Consistency to results, I could not say for sure - I do know that a QB Accuracy of 5 is the lowest you can go where the QB will actually throw passes on target...below 5 and all or close to all passes are way off target and incomplete.

The difference I know for sure between 5 and 25 is with precision passing; if you like to try and lead your receiver with precision passing, and your QB Accuracy is at 5, you are basically going to throw bad passes all day... With a QB Acc. of 25 you get a little more precision accuracy ability and that gets better as you increase QB Acc..

I have never used QB Acc @ 5 except in practice so someone else would need to provide their experiences in game with the base minimum of QB Acc of 5.

Oraeon1224 mentioned using human pass coverage at 5..I agree with that because there really is not much difference in human pass coverage until 5, then you actually see true separation...Now i must note, my tests are using player rating of 70 for all core ratings and position specific ratings...for with all ratings equal, it isn't until pass cover 5 that you see the receiver get separation....What is bad is, there doesn't appear to be a subtle or gradual decline in coverage, with all ratings equal; it is like everything is very much the same, and then you step off a cliff. 5 is the bare minimum rating I would suggest anyone use...though i still prefer to try and stay in between 25-75; it is to avoid extremes and also to allow the extras like precision passing and precision modifier to be viable.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm actually working on a slider set utilizing your theories & Oraeon1224's findings as well. I'm trying to find a set of sliders for each roster set that is available on the PS4 (FBG Rosters by SECElit3 & his crew along with EA's weekly rosters). I did my first set of tests with the FBG Rosters and found some pretty good results. One of the QB culprits for the sack issue for me in the past was Drew Brees. So I ran a set of tests using the Falcons and trying to see how many times I could get to Brees. After 3 revisions to my slider set, I managed to only get to Brees TWICE in one game versus previously getting to him 6 to 8 times before. Very encouraging indeed. I saved my twitch broadcast so I have did replays on both sacks and in my opinion (I'm no self-proclaimed expert on reading coverage) both sacks were coverage sacks. I may share the broadcast and the replays so you (or any fellow OS brethren) can check it out.

I will definitely share my slider set once I feel its ready...Just as any other slider set, it may work for me, but others may not like it...Oh the world of slider-itis. LOL!

Fyi for anyone interested, I will be testing my set as well trying to see how many sacks I can get on QBs like Big Ben Roeth & Locker...We will see how those go as well. I'm gettin' burnt out testing on Brees now! LOL!