Old 10-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
Kaiser Wilhelm
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Week 7: Vikings (2-4) @ Bills (3-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I hate that we're back into "I expect a comfortable win" realm to opposing fans.

Damn, I hate when the Vikings suck. Haha
I don't want to crap on other teams. I don't expect our offense to light up the scoreboard, but I expect them to continue to improve with Orton at the helm.

On the other side, if the Vikings get 21 points this game, not including drives that start off of turnovers, then I will consider this game a loss. The Vikings offense just look terrible from afar. Even with Bridgewater they look bad despite his promising play. If our defensive line doesn't have a big game (thinking three plus sacks) and a bunch of hurries and knockdowns versus your offensive line, the Bills have no hope.

I unfortunately feel that Buffalo is still that team that will play down to the level of their opponent and find a way to lose. We play to the level of our opponent, so we stay in versus good teams, and let the bad teams hang around. The Bills are still an 8-8 type of team who can make the palyoffs by just squeaking out a couple of toss up and underdog games and keeping their nose clean on the "shoud win" games, except for about 5 years now, going back to the Trent Edwards 5-1 start, the Bills lose those games. We still eek out our toss ups and underdogs wins but just never handle our business in the "should win" category. This is a should win for the Bills and I think most people agree with that, which is why I'm more uneasy about this game than others.

I want to predict a Bills win, but my gut says we lose in some unfathomably stupid sequence of events in the middle to late fourth quarter.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.