View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #260
bcruise
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: PC Discussions Thread

Love this game. I had this game last night on Allstar Sim - Default sliders, 12 minute quarters:

OT game where the CPU 6ers hit a last second three to send it to the extra period, but I finally wore them down. Game had it all - even a couple of charging/blocking fouls that I hadn't really seen up to this point. Stats weren't perfect, but it's hard to complain a whole lot about them.

You might notice that I did get beaten pretty badly on the offensive glass, but a lot of that came early - after several boards in the first quarter, the AI switched my Defensive POE to run in transition. I was a little worried by this, but as it turns out it was an amazing counter to the CPU crashing the boards. I got several fast break scores and then saw very little of the CPU going after offensive boards the rest of the game (I'm assuming THEIR POE changed). POE's seem to allow the AI to adapt to how the game is going, and that's just awesome - as long as you play according to them. In this case I knew my players were going to be pushing up the court after a DREB, so I knew I'd have numbers and the fast break would work. If you're not using run in transition then you're going to risk making a bad pass an turning the ball over if you try to play in the same way.

I'm not good enough for Superstar - I'll say that straight out. I don't know enough about the Defensive settings to be able to set individual matchups. I also don't call my own plays (aside from an occasional smart play when things break down) - I just run what's given with the play art drawn on the court. To play effectively on AllStar I do need to switch on and off the ballhandler to cover things that would otherwise be left open - I think that's just part of playing on anything above Pro.