Old 10-21-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Service Academy Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia
I dont have experience playing with Army/Navy/Airforce, but in my UConn dynasty Navy became a national powerhouse. it started with a 10-3 Orange Bowl win season. After that, 10+ seasons of 10+ wins and 3 NC all from the same coach who originally starts with Navy.
The option playbooks and extreme run heavy ratios are very overpowered in the sim engine. This leads to Army/Navy/GT becoming super powers while their assistant coaches (who use their PBs) become super powers at other schools. It's especially goofy when these coaches land at a recruiting school like Florida or USC.

What I do is I swap out the PBs for the HCs and ACs that use these option books (for me GT becomes "spread option", Army becomes "run balanced" and Navy becomes "Air Force." AF is an option PB but it's fine in the sim engine). Then I move all of their run/pass ratios from 25/75 to 30/70. This fixes the issue and the teams sim as they should. They're still very run oriented and GT can still compete in the ACC, but you won't see tons of national championship runs from GT and Navy.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings