Old 10-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #5
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coach mode kickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I just recently started a coach mode dynasty and now I see that it's nothing like letting the CPU kick for me. I don't understand why it's different, but I see the same problem that the OP saw with my kicker never missing.

So, now I'm just doing the same thing that I did when I played the games myself. After I fail a 3rd down attempt and I know that I'm gonna kick a FG I'll switch teams and let the CPU kick for me. I haven't kicked enough FGs like this in my coach mode dynasty to know if it works as well as I posted earlier, but I expect it to.

If you're gonna do this there are 2 important notes:
  1. Makes sure that you swtich teams before the play calling screen comes up, otherwise the switching won't take place until the next play.
  2. Switch to your opponent, don't go CPU v CPU. This is because sometimes (pretty often if your kicker has a weak leg) the CPU controlling your team will decide to go for it instead of kicking a FG. If this happens I'll make the defense jump offsides and switch teams back to my own. Then I'll chew the play clock (the game clock won't be running because of the previous penalty) and take a delay of game to put the ball back in its original spot. Then I'll kick the FG myself.
Here's a quick update.

When I originally did normal coach mode FGAs my kicker (82 KPW, 80 KAC) made 15/15 FGs.

After I started switching sides and letting the CPU kick for me, my kicker (now he has 86 KPW, 84 KAC) has only made 8/11 FGs (72%) and all 3 misses were wide, and not short.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 10-22-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove