View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #13
SECElit3
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Speed threshold broken or am I testing it wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
And in the past, threshold had a bigger impact on acceleration than on top level speed. People try using low threshold on here and that, combined with the crazy acceleration for d-linemen in default rosters, and it is no wonder we see too many sacks.

In the past, setting it to 0 actually turned threshold off; meaning speed differences are derived solely on player ratings. With default rosters and the messed up ratings, you get lots of strange artifacts. Now SEC....0 might actually work quite well for the FBG roster. If you are calibrating acceleration to realistic levels, that should theoretically do the trick. Now, I am guessing you already tried a 0 thresh; but if so, am surprised it didn't work.
I did very extensive testing with this and I can definitively say that 0 either turns the feature off or sets it back to default. The issue with high threshold settings, or in this case the 0 setting is that there is no, consistent breakaway by faster players in the open field. I didn't start to see the breakaway until I had the threshold slider below 30. I didn't see accurate speed representation until around 20. I chose 19.

I do believe there are other factors playing into this game behavior... Fatigue is a big one.

Higher settings present major concern in that the faster players never seem to gain ground on a ball carrier in the open field, and instead just seem to run behind him.

I am baffled by the number of sets running these high threshold settings.

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-24-2014 at 11:07 AM.