View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #95
theSliderWhisperer
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Whiz,

Hey man, good to have you back! A quick question for you, if I may.

I am on last gen M15, but many of the slider concepts are interchangeable. I have my own custom set that I am very pleased with, but for one last pesky item.

There is a tackling glitch, whereby a ball carrier will be approached by a defender at the proper angle, but then just as contact should be made and the tackle animation triggered, the defender will squat and run off in another direction. A tackle attempt is not even made. I am playing on All Madden, but I have also seen it on All Pro.

This happens most often when a ball carrier is running near the sideline, but I have seen it toward the middle of the field as well. The glitches tackle attempts come mainly from the safeties, with the occasional corner falling victim as well. This happens to both user and CPU defenders. The glitch usually results in a score on the play.

Have you seen this problem in next gen M15 as well? I have been messing with a combination of TACK, PCI, and RTK to remedy the issue. I think I have mitigated the issue somewhat, but not completely eliminated it.

I am thinking it's just busted code at this point and I will need to move away from my no switch playing style and make the tackle myself. When the CPU defender gets glitched on a tackle attempt on my player, I just run out of bounds. Sad we have to play this way.....

Thanks in advance for your observations/insights.

My brudda from annudda mudda...

How have you been dog? Still keeping the streets safe for us? Diggity-dog it's good to hear from ya....

Regarding your tackle glitch issue, I can't say that I have seen exactly what you have described. What I have seen is that sometimes a game file will get corrupted and the game play will get real "glitchy", in fact, it happens more often than not after you have been tweaking the sliders and constantly restart games to test your slider mods... Have you considered creating a new game file and then incorporating your slider mods to the new game file?

I have seen weird tackling animations, or better stated, LACK OF tackling from DB's regarding one-on-one tackles in the open field, not sure if that is what you are referring to? In fact, consider playing where YOU DO switch to the nearest tackling HUM defender and attempt to tackle CPU ball carrier with the "X" button or square button, and let me know what happens... This interests me because I have encountered some odd tackling crap in my lab more often than not where the tackle animation does not trigger or is delayed and the CPU ball carrier keeps running, and yes typically it is for touchdowns...It's not a squat and turn to a different direction per se, but it does look like the HUM defensive player is taking a sudden dump in his trunks ....

Also, I am curious where you have your FACEMSK slider set at? Personally, I am a fan of gang tackling, because it better represents what happens on Monday's, Thursday's and Sunday's on my flatty, to bring down the ball carrier. If you'd like, drop me a copy of your slider mods and I can give them a quick look over to see if I see some some areas that could create some "harmony and balance" issues (I am a big proponent of harmony and balance as you well know)...

Lates...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg harmony and balance.jpg (4.6 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove