View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #121
theSliderWhisperer
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon12 Re: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly; theSliderWhizperer’s M15 - GAME CHANGER SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Looks like your still not ready to unveil the all madden sliders. Boo. But I was wondering if you could give a sleek peek to your pass reaction and coverage settings. I feel that no matter what defense I play the results are about the same from game to game. I'm looking for it to play more realistic in that if I play a terrible pass d. I light it up and vice versa. I am also having the issue with rushing for 5ypc. Every game. I've tried multiple combos of sliders so km not sure what I'm doing wrong.

tyler28:

Boy those are loaded questions and valid concerns. There are no simple answers since there are so many variables involved, including:

1) What level do you play on?
2) What is your SPEEDTHRESH?
3) What is your skill level with the sticks?
4) What is your knowledge of football concepts (ex. How do you attack a Cover 2? Cover 3? Cover 4? How do you properly set up bubble passes? Screens? Draws? etc..)?
5) Do you control the RB or does the CPU?
6) What is your fatigue set at?
7) Do you incorporate PEN sliders? If so, have you properly modded them to enhance certain game play attributes and mute others?
8) What is your QB ACC set to in relation to PBLK/WRCTCH/DPI/OPI/RTP/PCI?
9) How many hours have you invested into playing M15 competitively?
10) Do you use the truck stick when running?

Among others....

I think what I am trying to get across is that PASS REAC and PASS COV settings are irrelevant onto themselves and achieving 5 ypc is not predicated on a slider mod setting, per se.

The way most slider witches tune there mods is to make them at least 10% more difficult to pass/run the ball because repetitive playing improves your stick skills and eventually any slider set can become obsolete as a challenge. The challenge is where to set the baseline at. It is inevitable that there is always going to be yahoo's who state that the slider mods are too easy or too hard, or that they suck or whatever. This is why I have ALWAYS been fascinated by Jarrod21's approach to his slider witch-craft whereby he gives you "slider mod levels" to grow into rather than delivering a "HOLY GRAIL" that eventually you can grow out of.

Personally, I strive to design my slider mods to try to make the game as organic as possible, meaning try to tame known glitches and "massage" the game play so that it "acts" closer to what we see on our flattie's on Monday's Thursday's and Sunday's. Furthermore, I like to "crank up" the CPU's run game to FORCE you to respect the run and FORCE you to use football concepts to properly game plan against the CPU's carving knife.

I have found that to achieve solid game play, there MUST BE a willingness to learn what makes the game play tick. The better slider witches do contribute ideas to improve the game play, but ultimately the end-user NEEDS to KNOW what areas of the game they would like finessed due to their skill set and get under the hood and "turn-some-bolts" and accept that certain game play attributes are not within the limitations of the AI and Donnie Moore's player attribute curse.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg get under the hood.jpg (3.9 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by theSliderWhisperer; 11-13-2014 at 11:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove