View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #109
iou1
Rookie

iou1's Arena

OVR: 0

Crimson Shoot Down Rockets, 41-25
Claim first ever bowl win in Motor City
Detroit, MI - Gino Gordon had easily his least productive game of the year (78 yards on 29 carries), but Joseph Butler had his best day in a Harvard uniform and JB Monu had 2 INTs to pace us to our first ever bowl win. Toledo's 4-2-5 defense really took away the outside running lanes and that made it tough on Gino. His bread and butter is getting to the edge on our toss sweep stuff and turning on the jets. Anytime he is held under 100, doesn't find the end zone and his longest run is 18 yards...well, you gotta tip your hat to the defense. It was nice to see Butler answer the bell when our offense was on the ropes. His 257 yard, 3TD performance on 13 of 18 passing is something that I hope is a sign of things to come from him next season. He found Cook on play action on our first play from scrimmage (great call by Coach Fleck/Corso) and Cook took it 75 yards to the house. That really kind of set the stage for our guys and gave us the confidence that we needed. Bennett had a nice day from his FB spot and Monu returned one of his INTs for a score. I don't have any idea what the future holds for myself or for Harvard football, but I couldn't be prouder of this team than I am right now. Thanks for following!!!