Home

The Chronicles of Rock: Part II

This is a discussion on The Chronicles of Rock: Part II within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #105
Rookie

iou1's Arena

OVR: 0

Crimson Celebrate 2nd Title
Reynolds ponders the future...

Cambridge, MA - Watching our guys celebrate with the Ivy League trophy in our locker room dang near brought a tear to my eye. Knowing that they overcame this season and what they fought through makes it pretty special...probably even more so than our first one last year. Yet, for some reason I feel like I am at a crossroads in my career. We have two games left this season, Navy and then the Motor City Bowl against the MAC Champ, and I am already wondering if I am going to want to come back to Harvard next year. I can't say for sure that I am going to have offers, but it is a possibility. I think in my heart that I want to get back to my Midwest roots...so if an offer came up in that area I would have to give it a good hard look. I just don't see us getting an opportunity to jump up to a bigger conference right now. Recruiting is NOT getting any easier...and I am preparing myself mentally to lose some of our top guys after this season. Most notably a guy by the name of Gordon. Not sure that there is a right or wrong answer...just thinking out loud and wondering if any of the readers have any thoughts on it. Thanks again for following!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #106
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Harvard Wins 7th Straight, Sinks Navy 28-21
Gordon Sets NCAA Mark for Longest TD
Cambridge, MA - After having a lot of bad stuff happen early in the year, a lot of really good stuff happened to us today in our season finale. First of all we got the W. Secondly we were the Game of the Week for some reason. Thirdly it was classified as a Great Game. Navy actually scored first and went up 7-0 early. On our very first play from scrimmage Butler got sacked and put the ball on the turf. Navy scooped it up and had 1st and Goal. Our defense buckled down and forced them into a 4th and Goal from the 2. Navy went for it and Victor Ojukwu made a HUGE stop on our own 1. We call a toss sweep out of Double Tite and Gordon takes it 99 yards to the house! Bennett had a crushing lead block on Navy's safety on the play. The 99 yard run was an NCAA record. Anyways, that really shifted momentum in our favor at that point. Gordon would add 2 more TDs later in the game and Butler would throw a TD to Schwarz. Murphy, Scaduto, Ojukwu and Zych all had 6 stops to pace our D. Zych added 3 INTs as well. The win wraps up a remarkable regular season that saw us lose 5 straight out of the gate and then win 7 straight on our way to our 2nd Ivy Title in a row. Up next for us will be a return visit to Detroit and the Motor City Bowl. Thanks for following!!!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #107
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Gordon Named Nation's Best, Wins Maxwell Award
Crimson Halfback also brings home prestigious Doak Walker Award
Cambridge, MA - I have been saying it for three seasons, one of our fans (readers) called me on it right way, and the sports media FINALLY got it figured out...GINO GORDON IS SPECIAL!! Following the 2010 regular season, the junior running back from Bonita, CA was presented with the 2010 Maxwell Award and was named the 2010 Doak Walker Award winner for his 292 carry, 2481 yard, 37 TD season. Gordon's career numbers of 6,229 yards and 76 TDs put him in position to smash nearly every NCAA rushing mark....IF he comes back to school next year. With an OVR of 94, I think that it is a no-brainer that the 3-Time All American and 2-Time All-Ivy Leaguer declares for the NFL. However, for now, today, let's take a second to enjoy the moment and congratulate him on his success. Thanks for following!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #108
Rookie

iou1's Arena

2010 Heisman Trophy

The streak of unlikely, unconventional Heisman Trophy winners is now up to 3 with the announcement that Southern Mississippi's Marvin Booker is taking home the 2010 honors. Booker had 60 catches and just shy of 2,200 all purpose yards (1,111 receiving) to go along with 16 total TDs (15 receiving) for the 13-0 Eagles. Titus Young, junior halfback, from Clemson was the 2010 runner-up. Thanks for following!
-iou1

Old 11-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #109
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Crimson Shoot Down Rockets, 41-25
Claim first ever bowl win in Motor City
Detroit, MI - Gino Gordon had easily his least productive game of the year (78 yards on 29 carries), but Joseph Butler had his best day in a Harvard uniform and JB Monu had 2 INTs to pace us to our first ever bowl win. Toledo's 4-2-5 defense really took away the outside running lanes and that made it tough on Gino. His bread and butter is getting to the edge on our toss sweep stuff and turning on the jets. Anytime he is held under 100, doesn't find the end zone and his longest run is 18 yards...well, you gotta tip your hat to the defense. It was nice to see Butler answer the bell when our offense was on the ropes. His 257 yard, 3TD performance on 13 of 18 passing is something that I hope is a sign of things to come from him next season. He found Cook on play action on our first play from scrimmage (great call by Coach Fleck/Corso) and Cook took it 75 yards to the house. That really kind of set the stage for our guys and gave us the confidence that we needed. Bennett had a nice day from his FB spot and Monu returned one of his INTs for a score. I don't have any idea what the future holds for myself or for Harvard football, but I couldn't be prouder of this team than I am right now. Thanks for following!!!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #110
Rookie

iou1's Arena

Just realized that I have not posted the 2010 Ivy League recap yet, so here you go. Not shocked to see the Bruner kid from Princeton on here, I thought he was the best back we saw all season in our league outside of Gino. Cornell put some nice young talent on the League's 1st Team this year. They also knocked off Dartmouth late in the year to help us win the Title so they might be worth keeping an eye on in 2011. Scaduto making 1st Team MLB really surprises me...he is going to have to fight like heck to keep his job next year and he is dang lucky we play a 3-4 as opposed to a 4-3. Thanks again to those still following along!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #111
Rookie

iou1's Arena

2 more slots were filled on the list of All-Americans who have played for me since my career began in 2008. Gino Gordon makes a repeat appearance on the 1st Team as a Running Back and Colin Zych gets recognized for his play at Strong Safety by being named to the 1st Team as well. Gordon is a no brainer following his 2500 yard, 37 TD rushing performance last year. He was named the Maxwell Player of the Year and also won the Doak Walker Award. Zych was 3rd on our team in tackles with 53. He also had 7 sacks, 6 interceptions, forced 3 fumbles and recovered 2 of them. Gordon and Zych are both juniors and team captains in 2010, but I will be shocked if they are both back next season. Gordon's stock will never be higher than it is right now and Zych is one of the better strong safeties in the country.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #112
Rookie

iou1's Arena

2010 Career Update

Here is a quick update on my career following the 2010 season. I don't think that anyone is going to mention my name in the same breath as Rockne or Bryant, but then again Rome wasn't built in a day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »