Home

MY First Dynasty Report

This is a discussion on MY First Dynasty Report within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MY First Dynasty Report

Okay, so i've been stalking/reading the dynasty forum for years and now i believe i am ready to do my first true dynasty report with storylines and more. What team do you guys think i should use as HC.

Tulsa
Iowa St.
Arkansas St.
Houston
Rice
Tulsa
UTEP
Old Dominion

Also I would like some suggestions on some of the house rules, any suggestions are appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 06:50 AM   #2
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MY First Dynasty Report

any of those teams would be good, use whichever interests you the most.

you being interested is the key to keeping one of these running long term.

as far as house rules i would start with minimal and add as needed
Old 01-07-2015, 07:10 AM   #3
Rookie

thanks DJP The House rules thing is kinda minor to me, I have done plenty of personal dynasties, so house rules aren't a huge issue. I am currently leaning toward either UTEP or Rice
Old 01-07-2015, 09:01 AM   #4
Rookie

IOWA STATE CYCLONES

Head coach Paul Rhoads
6th year, 29–45 (.392)
Home stadium Jack Trice Stadium
Stadium capacity 55,000 (Actual Seats: 44,529)
Stadium surface Grass
Location Ames, Iowa
League NCAA Division I
Conference Big 12
Past conferences Championships: 1911 and 1912 Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MVIAA)
All-time record 510–620–46 (.453)
Postseason bowl record 3–9 (.250)
Conference titles 2[1]
Division titles 1
Heisman winners 0
Consensus All-Americans 3

Playing on Heisman
Can only recruit one state radius and must recruit in staters with intrest

Last edited by bigbad25; 01-09-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
Rookie

*******CY NEWS********
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyclones Prepare for New Season
by-Bryce Alexander, Cyclone Beat Reporter

Ames, IA- Iowa State Head Coach Paul Rhodes enters the 2014 season with a roster full of question and a seat hotter than steelmill worker. The QB position battle is at the head of the aches for Coach Rhodes. Sam Richardson returns as a redshirt junior and will be challenged Grant Rohach a 6'1'' 224lbs pocket passing redshirt sophomore, they will both share snaps in the first game of the season in the battle for the Cy-Hawk Trophy against Iowa. Another big story is the installation of the new offense. The Cyclones will implement a variation of the Split Y offense innovated by Gus Malzahn at Arkansas State and Auburn. The QB battle and the new offense will be the focus of the season. In my next Preseason column, we look at the defense and break down recruiting for the Cyclones.

Last edited by bigbad25; 01-09-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #6
Rookie

*******CY NEWS********
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Bumblebee Defense"

Ames, IA- Defensive Coordinator Wally Burnham has dubbed his defensive unit the "Bumblebee Defense" Coach Burnham gave them the name after spring practice where he noticed they flew around and pestered the first time offense like a group of bees. "They were flying around and laying hits, what we started calling stings, on the offense." Coach Burnham said. The leader of the "Bumblebees" will be MLB Jevohn Miller, the 6'1'' 243 lbs Senior, who thinks the nickname is accurate. "The name is true, we're going to fly around and sting the offense, it's going to be a season for fans to remember" a confident Miller proclaimed. The secondary, especially the corner positions are a source of strength for the Cyclones. Senior Matthew Thomas and Junior Sam "not the QB" Richardson look to stop the prolific passing offenses they will see in Big 12 play. The next column will wrap up our preseason coverage and get you prepared for the Cyclones opening game against New Hampshire.

*******CY NEWS********
Cyclones Preseason Facts

Ames, IA- The Cyclones are not being given much of a chance this season as the AP has them picked to finish 9th in the 10 team Big 12, just ahead of bottom feeding Kansas. The Cyclones only have one All-Big 12 player and he was on the 2nd team in HB Michael Warren, a true freshman who will redshirt. In the national 126 Poll, the Cyclones ranked in at #59, one spot behind Cincinnati and one spot ahead of UL-Monroe.

Predictions for the Season
Record: 4-8; ISU should beat New Hampshire, Kansas, Tulsa, and Texas Tech. The losses are Texas, Baylor, Ok St, Oklahoma, Kansas St, TCU. With toss ups in Iowa and West Virginia.

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Sam B. Richardson, with the new offense; if Richardson can understand it and get it going early, he could rush for 1000 yds and pass for 2000 in the high octane offense.

Defensive Player of the Year: CB Sam Richardson, Richardson will be able to take advantage of being the #2 CB on the depth chart, even though he has #1 CB skills.

Freshman of the Year: WR Allen Lazard, will start in the slot as a true freshman in Mark Mangino's offense. The only Freshman to start besides P Colin Downing. Also watch for LB Alton Meeks, he is the backup for all three LB positions.

Game of the Year: Vs. Iowa Week 3; Its the Battle for the Cy-Hawk Trophy, enough said.

What we will be saying at the end of the Season: Did Paul Rhodes do enough to stay in Ames? Will Sam Richardson be back for his Senior Season? How good can Allen Lazard be? Bowl Game?

Game Prediction for the Week: New Hampshire vs Iowa St- Iowa State 49 NHU 14; ISU should have little to no problem with the wildcats and we may get to see the second stringers early in this one.

Last edited by bigbad25; 01-09-2015 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie

*******CY NEWS********
Cyclones Blast UNI Panthers

Ames, IA- The Cyclones got out to a winning start with there 38-7 victory over the Northern Iowa Panthers. The QB situation was tested out with Sam B. Richardson playing the 1st and 4th quarters and Grant Rohach playing the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Richardson was dynamic in his time leading the team to 24 points and appearing to be more athletic than Rohach. Richardson was 12/14 for 190 yds and 2 tds, while Rohach found it tougher only going 8/15 for 115 yds and an interception. Backup RB Anton Wimberly mad a case for the starters job when he ran for 57 yds on 12 attempts and a TD, while 3rd string RB Rob Standard broke off a 22yd run on his only carry and made it to the endzone. Richardson also had a rushing TD and 48 yds. Freshman Allen Lazard showed why he was starting as a true freshman hauling in 5 catches for 80 yds and 2 TDs. Quenton Bundrage was the leading yardage receiver with 3 cathes for 82 yds. The Defensive side of the ball was dominant only giving up 207 yds of total offense and forcing a fumble. The leading tackler was LB Jevohn Miller with 6 and LB Luke Knott had 5 tackles and a sack, while DT Terry Ayeni forced and recoverd the fumble from the Panthers RB. Freshman K/P Colin Dowing kicked his first career field goal from 46yds late in the 4th quarter. Next up for the Cyclones is a week off before playing Iowa in The Battle for the Cy-Hawk trophy.

Player of the Game: Sam B. Richardson 12/14 190yds 2tds, 6 rushes/48yds and 1 TD

It was over when: Rob Standard broke off a 22yd TD run with 1:51 left before halftime to make it 21-7

Notes: Starting RB Devondrick Nealy left after his 2nd carry in the 1st quarter with an Abdominal tear, will be probable for next game vs Iowa

Last edited by bigbad25; 01-09-2015 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Please Feel free to post question for Coach Paul Rhodes Weekly Press Conference. Please state your name and media organization. Coach Rhodes will answer all questions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »