View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Now That HUM Running is Too Easy, How Are You Playing?

What are you doing, spamming this in as many threads as possible? I responded to this same question in A&S thread.

I saw the same thing as well and the answer is this:

Tackling angles are even more jacked-up post-patch then they were before as defenders consistently overpursue (never reading and reacting) and have hyper-aggressive pursuit angles. LBs don't fill the proper gap and get caught up on the O-line and it becomes too easy to cut against the grain or to bounce the play outside.

The clearest way to show the abnormal pursuit angles is to do a run commit. What happens; all the defenders swarm to the center. What should happen is that the D-line pushes forward aggressively and the LBs aggressively run straight ahead to fill the gaps. Lowering the KRI and TAK sliders significantly helps with this issue immensely.

I am currently using a KRI slider value of 25 with TAK at 10 for both sides in my set (see sig below). I'm offsetting the potential for too many broken tackles with TAK at 10 by lowering the facemask value to 30. This has helped immensely with getting proper reactions and pursuit angles back into the game.