View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #27
KingJavo
Pro

KingJavo's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New APF Football Editor

Okay, I had some time tonight and thanks to the help of JYoung for pointing out the blocks he suspected were the names (they were btw) I think I've figured how the Player Names work.

There's much more to go as I've still just been researching the hex, but I just need a little more time to run some tests on the names and make sure they're working as I suspect.

I'm planning on using my recent NFL 2k4 editor as a base and strip it down to just have names to start for APF. The way I did names in 2k4 was slightly different and from what I can see so far APF is pointing to names in the same fashion as 2k4, but is also reusing names similar to how Finn wrote his 2k5 editor. Not sure why 2K did this unless they were running out of room in the hex file, but I see tons of 00's so it doesn't make much sense to me.

In any event, I hope to get some more time tomorrow and will post an update very soon on my findings. I hate to predict things, but if things go smooth an editor to edit names could be out within a week or so.

Off to bed... peace!