View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #555
SunRise
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
He has "Throw the Ball Away." I do not remember his "Sense Pressure" trait, but he is not normally one the QBs I was super-successful getting too.

Anyway, I thought you played with the Eagles? Shouldn't you know that?

I'm curious if the issue is the IG slider. I will caveat that these are small sample sizes, but it seemed, whether using your new or your old set, every time I would go either up or down, significantly, sacks would jump. If I went back to 50 and replayed that game, or played the next, sacks would immediately be back to the 3-4 range. Now, definitely, part of the problem may be that my 8-3 Cowboys (and especially the D Line with about 30 sacks exclusive of the DBs/LBs), have very high confidence at this point, but still, my experience has been that at IG 1, QBs release faster and scramble, but are reluctant to throw the ball away.

I have a hypothesis, actually, that this year, low settings tend to help scrambling/aggressive QBs, encouraging them to get out of the pocket and make crazy throws to get out of trouble, while higher IG tends to help pocket passers to make more intelligent throws down field or throw the ball away. IF that were true, then it would seem that 40-50 would actually be the best setting . . .

I really wish EA could program an offensive AI that could actually play as close to a human as possible, and that penalty sliders, off all things, affected penalties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I'm curious if the issue is the IG slider. I will caveat that these are small sample sizes, but it seemed, whether using your new or your old set, every time I would go either up or down, significantly, sacks would jump. If I went back to 50 and replayed that game, or played the next, sacks would immediately be back to the 3-4 range. Now, definitely, part of the problem may be that my 8-3 Cowboys (and especially the D Line with about 30 sacks exclusive of the DBs/LBs), have very high confidence at this point, but still, my experience has been that at IG 1, QBs release faster and scramble, but are reluctant to throw the ball away.

I have a hypothesis, actually, that this year, low settings tend to help scrambling/aggressive QBs, encouraging them to get out of the pocket and make crazy throws to get out of trouble, while higher IG tends to help pocket passers to make more intelligent throws down field or throw the ball away. IF that were true, then it would seem that 40-50 would actually be the best setting .
I agree with you about the QB behave related with IG. Simply touching only IG and RTP this happens:
1) as much as you lower IG the QB releases the ball faster. The QB % increase and the OL becomes easier to beat. Low IG is like to reduce the pass block ability of the OL
2) as much as you raise IG the QB % drops and the OL becomes better
3) as much as you go down with RTP the QB% drops
4) as much as you go up the QB% increases

I also think the impact of the IG is bigger than RTP.

Forgetting for a second IG and RTP the reason why the CPU takes the sack is because most of the times he throws the ball just if the WR/TE..is a clear step away from the defender. Playing with threshold at zero makes the DBs even faster and they already are normally faster than the WRs. I'm trying threshold at 95 in complement with a low pass coverage to give a bigger chance to the WRs to gain a step of advantage on the defender. Trying this way to reduce the number of times the QB hold the ball taking a sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove