View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Coach mode kickers

I've continued my method of letting the CPU kick for me. An easier way to do it than switching teams is to just "watch" a supersim of it. If there's any question of whether or not the supersim will kick, I go to "ask coach" and see if that says kick FG. If it does, the supersim will kick. If not, it won't.

I'm in 2022 with North Carolina and I'm facing Florida St in the CCG. The game was a brutal defensive struggle and it's tied 9-9 after regulation.

I win the toss and play D and hold them to a FG. I get to 1st and goal, but am stuffed on 3 straight plays and have to kick a FG to send it to a second OT.

We line up for the gimme 25 yd FG and my kicker (90 KPW, 85 KAC) misses it WIDE and we lose the CCG because of that.

If I were to do a normal coach mode kick, I'm 100% sure that I would've made it (since I've never ever missed a coach mode FGA wide). It was a BRUTAL way to lose this awesome defensive struggle, but I'm thrilled that missing 25 yd FGs is a possibility (which it isn't with normal coach mode kicking).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings