View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 01:08 PM   #19
ianlast
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: As a community we can not support Madden 16 without Overhauled Penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedLion14
I'm going to have to disagree, at least in part. Should the actions of the player that would normally be penalties be called? Absolutely. Should there be seven or eight pass interference or false start calls that happen just to meet a "quota." No.

Picture this - down 21-17, :45 left on the clock, 4th and 1, doesn't matter where on the field. The clock is stopped from an incomplete pass, you line up to run the ball and then...false start by your right guard, whom you literally cannot control whatsoever. Now it's 4th and 6, you have to pass, and fail to convert. Game over, you lost because of a random factor.

Realistic? Yes. Fun gameplay? I don't think so, because there is literally nothing you can do to prevent it.
Realism and fun gameplay are intertwined for me.

I would be just fine with that scenario you describe. I imagine there are thousands of "sim" oriented Madden gamers that would be as well.

This post here describes precisely why Madden hasn't had properly functioning penalties in years. Most casuals don't want to see penalties, and there's no consensus among the more hardcore gamers about it. Therefore, why would they spend time on it?