Old 02-09-2015, 09:53 AM   #182
CloudFuel
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
Agree with a lot of what CloudFuel said, but also agree that the strategy is being a bit defeatist about finding SS development players. The Dev trait makes a big difference in how quickly you can get your guys attributes up, and will maximize the amount of attributes your team as a whole gets if you prioritize training up Quick/SS Dev players.

This can be done efficiently by screening players' intangible & personality. The two together are highly correlated with development (and OVR). Add in physical, and I think for most positions, you can make a decision on whether to draft a player based on these alone. Scouting 5-6 traits per player can be expensive unless you have a coach with a Scouting upgrade. When there are so many late round steals available (or at least rounds 3-5), there is a lot of value in being able to tell how good a player is without spending too many points on him. Sure, with QB you probably want to ensure he's got arm strength, but I think in most cases with other positions, the rookie creation tool isn't predisposed to screw you over by making you think a guy with A-B phy/int/per is going to be good when he's actually an AWR-buffed, slow, normally-developing lemon.
In my experience, it is quite easy to take a player from normal to SS in half a season... so that, along with the crap-shoot in scouting for dev (unless you're willing to drop 25 points at a time for things like intangible/physical), makes it so that I've never really put much stock in trying to FIND a SS.

Personally, I'd rather find the studs and then if I have more SP left over.. I'll dig further to see if there are any potential SS.