View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #225
capa
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I hate to sound like a doubting thomas but I would think the whole process of making true to form objective ratings would be impossible. Subjectivity would creep in one way or another. It's what I loved about APF, rating players was out of your hands because of its format. You chose a player more for his attributes than a number. Madden is all about the numbers, so what combination of numbers truly differentiates Gold level player from a Silver or what have you?

This probably made zero sense. It's just what was rattling around in my head. I personally adore this roster set more for simply just the names and numbers and nostalgia.

If anybody could create a scale for rating that would get the above results, I'd pay money for the set.
I think you are correct as an overall statement. I do think there is room for improvement in some of the players that really are overrated...or underrated by me. Some really stick out as knight pointed out about Willie Lanier on the Chiefs. But you are correct...ensuring that all 1500+ players are rated correctly is an impossible task. Getting the major players correct is probably what needs to be addressed.

Lots of room for improvement in ratings and equipment and I am hoping that any efforts by me, or any of you, in this area on this set will be able to be carried forward to next year's game. If not, I hope someone else will pick up the gauntlet next year...'cause I am never doing this again!! LOL.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove