View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 07:13 AM   #42
Caelumfang
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang "@Beluba" appreciation thread

I hate to say this, but unless someone is blatantly cheesing, playing good defense and contesting shots isn't hard. You can't just stand in front of someone or slightly to the side and expect that to be counted as 'contested.' And if you actually do put your hands up or jump, if you watch the NBA, you know that some contested shots are just going to fall, that's the nature of the beast. However, if you keep up good defense, eventually the opponent will being to miss and start shooting himself out of the game.

Offline users really just need to stop complaining. First off, bump it up to HoF and adjust sliders if the game is 'too easy.' Hell, even before the patch, Superstar was ridiculously easy, and I'd actually have to scale back in order to actually get a challenge out of the game. Only reason I kept it on Superstar to begin with was to get used to the shot timing for the Rec.

The post-patch shooting online actually made the game fun again, and far less frustrating. It's a massive relief knowing that shots have a tendency to fall at a somewhat consistent rate again, instead of 'Oh, no perfect release? BRICK!' That started getting old, fast.