Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #1425
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I've gone back and forth on this since I got the game...

I agree that it's probably better to refrain from using Pass Commit with regard to the sack issue, but have you seen any reason to believe that the "consequence" leads to slightly higher than desirable completion percentages by the CPU QB and / or an inflated Third Down Conversion percentages, as a result?
With this set....no, I haven't, even without pass commit. With your set, I will use pass commit a fair bit. The reason comes down to one thing - pressure on the QB. We approach things from different angles in our respective sets.

With your set, you minimize sacks by reducing pass rush effectiveness (primarily by means of the RTP slider). In my experience, the pass rush is almost neutralized to unrealistic proportions - that was the sacrifice you made to achieve overall balance. To overcome this on passing downs, use of the pass commit or heavy blitzing becomes necessary at times in order to get the pressure to get the passer and minimizing completion percentage. As your set is essentially an All Pro set, this is probably the only viable approach.

On my set, I minimize sacks by focusing on QBs getting rid of the ball when under pressure and allow the lineplay to be more dynamic and realistic. However, I had to make two sacrifices; fewer deep passes and no allowance for pass commit. Regular pressure (without pass committing) will get to the QBs often enough to force the errant passes needed to keep completion percentage low enough to be realistic. This can work on a pure All Madden set, but it is the trickiest balance, one that can fall apart on the smallest change (particularly the use of pass commit - it enhances the block shed just enough to throw the balance off).

Both approaches work well as I think both of our sets have been quite successful. It is unfortunate that the new pass rush interactions instituted by EA were not balanced more - we would've been able to create awesome sets without making the sacrifices we have had to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove