View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #18
My993C2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders, take the loss and say "There was little I could do" as a MoM player. This evening I gave up not 1, but 2 first inning inside the park home runs in a Spring Training MoM game using MLB 14 with modified 2015 OSFM rosters. It's not the first time I have ever given up inside the park home runs in MLB The Show, but giving up 2 of them to the first 3 batters I faced in the first inning of the game? LOL

On the very first pitch of the game the Cubs Chris Denorfia slapped a line drive to my left fielder Corey Dickerson who dove and missed the catch. By the time Dickerson recovered the ball out at the left field wall, Denorfia was rounding third and a wild throw by Dickerson to miss the cutoff man Tulowinski ensured that Denorfiaof of all people had an inside the park homer. But it didn't end there. After the Cubs Starlin Castro flied out to Cargo in right, Jorge Soler slapped another line drive just to the left and past my center fielder Charlie Blackmon and by the time Blackmon tracked the ball down at the deep center field wall, it was all over as the faster Soler was rounding third well on his way to his own inside the park home run. From that point on my pitching staff played well only surrendering 2 more hits the rest of the way for a total of 4 hits in the game. However my offense was almost none existent only mustering 1 run on 6 hits. My offense was non existent with the exception of Cargo who went 4 for 4 (all singles) and three stolen bases with a run scored driven in by Tulo. I thought Cargo with his 4 for 4 day and 3 stolen bases should have been the player of the game. But I guess MLB The Show never gives player of the game honors to the losing team. The game awarded the player of the game to Cubs starting pitcher Travis Wood who pitched 5 shutout innings in this Spring Training game, giving up only 2 hits and no walks.

Sorry for the long winded post. But how often do you see 2 inside the park home runs the first inning in an MoM game? Pretty rare I'd say and the 2-1 loss snapped my 6 game winning streak. D'Oh ... LOL

Last edited by My993C2; 03-18-2015 at 11:58 PM.