Home

MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

This is a discussion on MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #17
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
I'm just hoping the menus stay the same and some of the gameplay changes help the mode shine a little more this year. I've been playing this mode the past few weeks in MLB 14 and some of the cpu baserunning is very suspect. You have instances where baserunners just freeze of balls hit to to certain areas of the field. Sometimes they get thrown out on "should be" base hits to the outfield or only take one base when they should have easily have taken 2 or even 3. I feel like the cpu baserunning was actually better in MLB 13.
Totally agree I just want a little clean up with the baserunning and a few other items like the sac bunting fixed, and the press box camera fixed, and I'll be all set. I love MOM.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 2

Sometimes you just have to shrug your shoulders, take the loss and say "There was little I could do" as a MoM player. This evening I gave up not 1, but 2 first inning inside the park home runs in a Spring Training MoM game using MLB 14 with modified 2015 OSFM rosters. It's not the first time I have ever given up inside the park home runs in MLB The Show, but giving up 2 of them to the first 3 batters I faced in the first inning of the game? LOL

On the very first pitch of the game the Cubs Chris Denorfia slapped a line drive to my left fielder Corey Dickerson who dove and missed the catch. By the time Dickerson recovered the ball out at the left field wall, Denorfia was rounding third and a wild throw by Dickerson to miss the cutoff man Tulowinski ensured that Denorfiaof of all people had an inside the park homer. But it didn't end there. After the Cubs Starlin Castro flied out to Cargo in right, Jorge Soler slapped another line drive just to the left and past my center fielder Charlie Blackmon and by the time Blackmon tracked the ball down at the deep center field wall, it was all over as the faster Soler was rounding third well on his way to his own inside the park home run. From that point on my pitching staff played well only surrendering 2 more hits the rest of the way for a total of 4 hits in the game. However my offense was almost none existent only mustering 1 run on 6 hits. My offense was non existent with the exception of Cargo who went 4 for 4 (all singles) and three stolen bases with a run scored driven in by Tulo. I thought Cargo with his 4 for 4 day and 3 stolen bases should have been the player of the game. But I guess MLB The Show never gives player of the game honors to the losing team. The game awarded the player of the game to Cubs starting pitcher Travis Wood who pitched 5 shutout innings in this Spring Training game, giving up only 2 hits and no walks.

Sorry for the long winded post. But how often do you see 2 inside the park home runs the first inning in an MoM game? Pretty rare I'd say and the 2-1 loss snapped my 6 game winning streak. D'Oh ... LOL

Last edited by My993C2; 03-18-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #19
S2S
Rookie

S2S's Arena

OVR: 6

Lol crappy first inning. I have problems with MOM but sometimes I just chalk it up to randomness. I've had games where I was blown out or the ace pitcher couldn't get past the 6th. But I've also had games where when Casey Kotchman when he played for the Braves hit 3 home runs in one game against the Reds. You just got to let it go.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #20
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S
Lol crappy first inning. I have problems with MOM but sometimes I just chalk it up to randomness. I've had games where I was blown out or the ace pitcher couldn't get past the 6th. But I've also had games where when Casey Kotchman when he played for the Braves hit 3 home runs in one game against the Reds. You just got to let it go.

An ace pitcher not getting past the 6th inning is not a really surprising thing. I mean that happens, just because they are a #1 guy doesn't mean they will give you 7 or 8 innings every time out. Also getting blown out happens to everybody at some point. I wouldn't compare those two things to giving up two inside the park homeruns in one inning.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #21
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
"You have instances where baserunners just freeze on balls hit to to certain areas of the field."
LOL - that happened to me for the 1st time last night. Little single behind 1st and the guy in 1st was frozen. Then ran to first when the batter was standing on 1st. Oddly he was safe at 2nd as the throw was off target. BUT THEN the SS threw to 1st go for . . . a double play?

I ONLY play MoM but what I dislike are the auto bunts for hits that I don't call for by slow players. WTF? I didn't want to bunt at all. OR when baserunners on the other teams rated 15 are trying to steal (I don't mind that normally).

Hope AI is improved a little.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 03-21-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #22
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
LOL - that happened to me for the 1st time last night. Little single behind 1st and the guy in 1st was frozen. Then ran to first when the batter was standing on 1st. Oddly he was safe at 2nd as the throw was off target. BUT THEN the SS threw to 1st go for . . . a double play?

I ONLY play MoM but what I dislike are the auto bunts for hits that I don't call for by slow players. WTF? I didn't want to bunt at all. OR when baserunners on the other teams rated 15 are trying to steal (I don't mind that normally).

Hope AI is improved a little.
Unfortunately...this snuck back in last year....Brian had it where your team would only bunt if directed to....and then last year...it's back to the AI calling for it.
Totally forgot to mention that to be fixed.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 2

Yeah I've also seen the auto-bunt for hit attempts which in MoM should not happen and have also notice the occasional base running glitch. The base running glitch cost me at least a tie game in one of my recent Spring Training games using MLB 14 and modified OSFM 2015 rosters. I had a base runner on 2nd with no outs and the batter slapped a hit into the left field corner. The base runner should have easily scored on the play and the batter should have had an easy double. But the base runner on 2nd base waited until the ball dropped before he ran (there was no way the left fielder was going to catch the ball, but the base runner still waited for the ball to drop) and by this time all the base runner could do was advance to 3rd and the batter was held on 1st. Even though there was still no outs in the inning, the rally stalled and I ended up losing the game by a run, a run that should have scored earlier in the game to tie things up. Would I have won or lost in extra innings? I'll never know. But I was less than happy with the base runner not advancing until the ball dropped.

However it all kind of evens itself out over time. In these cases, the game screwed me. But I have been able to take advantage of the game at other times like being able to steal 2nd base with the highest base stealing percentage in the league which of course has helped bring in more runs had my base runners stayed on 1st which in turn has resulted in a few more wins than perhaps I should I gotten (presently 13-8 in my throw away Spring Training).

MoM has it's warts. I think MoM in MLB 13 on the PS3 was a tad better than it is in MLB 14 on the PS4. But even though MoM has plenty of warts. MoM is still fun.Too bad Ramone does not appear to like his MoM. LOL
Old 03-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 21

MoM is widely played and a great alternative for those who do not want their lack of joystick/controller skills to determine the fate of their game or team. If I were to play as the 27 Yanks, Ruth would probably wind up with about 7 HRs.

MoM is a great alternative mode...regardless of what the stats that get uploaded to Sony say. If it wasn't, they would have never included it in the title to begin with. Don't abandon it. Just throw some fixes at it when possible through patches or for 2016.

Many of the most loyal fan base enjoy this mode.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »