View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 01:50 PM   #23
My993C2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

Yeah I've also seen the auto-bunt for hit attempts which in MoM should not happen and have also notice the occasional base running glitch. The base running glitch cost me at least a tie game in one of my recent Spring Training games using MLB 14 and modified OSFM 2015 rosters. I had a base runner on 2nd with no outs and the batter slapped a hit into the left field corner. The base runner should have easily scored on the play and the batter should have had an easy double. But the base runner on 2nd base waited until the ball dropped before he ran (there was no way the left fielder was going to catch the ball, but the base runner still waited for the ball to drop) and by this time all the base runner could do was advance to 3rd and the batter was held on 1st. Even though there was still no outs in the inning, the rally stalled and I ended up losing the game by a run, a run that should have scored earlier in the game to tie things up. Would I have won or lost in extra innings? I'll never know. But I was less than happy with the base runner not advancing until the ball dropped.

However it all kind of evens itself out over time. In these cases, the game screwed me. But I have been able to take advantage of the game at other times like being able to steal 2nd base with the highest base stealing percentage in the league which of course has helped bring in more runs had my base runners stayed on 1st which in turn has resulted in a few more wins than perhaps I should I gotten (presently 13-8 in my throw away Spring Training).

MoM has it's warts. I think MoM in MLB 13 on the PS3 was a tad better than it is in MLB 14 on the PS4. But even though MoM has plenty of warts. MoM is still fun.Too bad Ramone does not appear to like his MoM. LOL