View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #1547
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

After getting completely shut down as the Bengals versus Baltimore, I decided to start a new CFM using the niners. Ironically, first preseason game was against Baltimore. After playing a bit of that game, and combined with my observations from the Bengals game, I am left with a few thoughts here....

The bad
  • I either suck horribly, or the human QBA needs to get bumped up a bit. This, as always, is a personal taste slider....
  • King said it to me in a PM, but the disparity between the offsides and false start slider is unbalancing on this game. I concur with that as I think that disparity is not properly reflecting ratings and is thus messing with both the run game balance and the pass rush balance.
  • Good lord is the Niners run game overpowered in this game!! I mean, I know they're good....but c'mon! I have decided that I will no longer consider observations from people using SF that say the run game is too easy
The good
  • The CPU QB play shows a nice mix of dump-offs, intermediate throws, and deep throws...quite happy with this. More balanced line play should really help this shine.
  • When the 'dice rolls' don't allow the overpowered block shed (from the offsides slider) to dominate, the CPU shows some nice variety in run game moves with elusive backs looking elusive and power backs looking strong and tough.
  • Overall core gameplay feels like an NFL game....I think we're in the 'final tweak' stages now
In summary, we're not quite there yet....going to look for a realistic balance between the offsides/false start sliders and will probably bump up Human QBA a tad (personal preference).

I'll post some updates either tonight or tomorrow night. Note: no updates will be made on Wednesday as I have my fantasy baseball draft!