View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
Readysetdiego
Pro

Readysetdiego's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Finding the balance. Cheese : Greatness

Never found shot fatigue to be a real thing even online before the patch.

Anyways, riding the hot hand is something we all do, and if the shot comes through swinging the ball, PnR's etc, then I see no problem with that.

When players get hot, they start making some tough shots until they miss and start cooling down. Don't see why that shouldn't be the case in 2k. I've had moments with Curry and Lillard where they just got on a tear and knock down 3 after 3.

Some come off pick and rolls, other times the guy doubles and the ball just ends up in their hands and they are open so I take the shot. And ofcourse some heat checks in transition but those fail more often than not.

IMO you don't have to run and score off a play in order for it not to be cheesy, because teams don't always run plays after every possession.

The momentum change is real though. I've been up big at half, and then I end up missing point blank layups and open shots and end up with a 1-10 type of quarter. The other guy can't seem to miss and then he either blows the game open in his favor or I swing momentum back onto my side.

How exactly to prevent momentum swings is something I still dont know 100%. Time-outs and timely buckets help, but sometimes those point blank misses just kill you.

I had a triple OT game yesterday, Olajuwon had 39, Curry had 20 and 15. The guy just played C with Griffin and tried off ball double teaming and then tried to recover. I just ran non stop pick and rolls or simply posted Hakeem up and just went to work. His offense was left right 3's or turboing in circles with sapphire Wall. It works pretty well until I decided to clamp down on D and end the game.