View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:40 PM   #57
Gagnon39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

From the sound of things and communicating with some of you guys on here, it does, in fact, sound like directional hitting is basically MVP's hitting. Which, if completely true, is the greatest thing for baseball video games in my opinion. However, there seems to be some disconnect still (at least with me) for what the developers implied about directional hitting compared to the perceived similarities to MVP's hitting engine.

In the video streams I remember them using directional hitting and talking about how it really helps certain approaches. Like, we've said, say you've got a 3-1 or 2-0 count, you can sit on that fastball inside, or wherever. On the videos it showed them holding the analog down in a particular direction, basically looking for that location. If it wasn't there, they didn't swing.

I guess my question is this, why would you EVER do that? Why not watch the pitch and try to pick up on where it's going and THEN move the analog stick in the correct direction? It seems completely useless to ever move in a particular direction until after the pitch is thrown.

I'm going to tinker with directional some more tonight for sure but as it stands I think I'll be turning the camera shift and the yellow indicators off. That way it's practically MVP's hitting engine. Recognize pitch, adjust, and swing.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39