View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #72
RandyBass
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions

This is nice feature, and pretty well done in my opinion. It basically adds an element to timing hitting by giving you more control. Timing is still the dominant factor, and I would say that more accurately it helps you influence hit direction, not control it.

Playing yesterday I hit a HR with Rusney Castillo to center while pushing to right. Seems off? Well, I swung early. Then with Panda I went looking for something inside to pull, got it, pushed up and right (hitting LH) with good timing and roped a double off the RF wall.

For those who say it's not realistic, you're wrong. Timing is not the only factor in hit direction, bat angle also plays a factor. Leaving direction up to timing only, like in 14, makes things too arbitrary.

To the dev team, job well done! Only thing I'd say is, weave it into the game more: put up an indicator when a hitter comes to the plate, along side the defensive alignment indicator. This would let users know a hitter's tendencies, so that they could hit to those tendencies, or shift their defense if they are on defense.