Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #252
Hammerhunker
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Classic Teams - Capa

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Thanks for the feedback. As a disclaimer (without sounding like a lawyer), Capa and I have been pouring over, playing, and simulating this roster set until our eyes bleed. When released, we are always open to feedback and corrections that are valid. It would be an understatement to say that player ratings are subjective, let alone how difficult it is deciding on them for players that are 20-30-40 years back in NFL history. We are not self-proclaimed roster czars. We will continue to tweak ratings, looks, depth charts, and equipment as best we know how, as time allows, to ensure accuracy and play-ability as best as we possibly can. Most of all we just want these to be fun for everybody. It continues to be a pleasure to work on these, and kudos to Capa again who got this going with an incredible baseline. I'm just happy to be the second set of eyes, as this has been a huge undertaking. When you roll up your sleeves on this, it seems nearly impossible imagining one person doing all of this unless it's your full time job!
When I play with the regular rosters, it never seems any player stands out; with the classic set, players do. For instance, playing the Chiefs, Bobby Bell is a pain in the a**. You have to run away from him, boot away from him, and he still wreaks havoc. The Steelers are the same but more players cause problems. Maybe it's the placebo effect, but regardless, this next set could be epic.

Now for an outcry for roster carryovers a la the Show.