View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
Geronimo22
Pro

OVR: 9
The Show '15 - Pitching (Settings & Strategies)

Made a thread just like it 3 years ago.... Would love to hear from guys now about the basics, about new pitches you like, your plan of attack on the mound.

Edited the tittle to talk about Settings Preferences and Mechanics as well.

Here is an example form that old thread about pitching philsophy from Vet H&V...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Pitches with similar movement, but varying velocity, can be deadly in this game.

Here are some combinations I love a starter having:

1. Cutter/Slider
2. 2-Seamer/Circle-Change
3. Straight Fastball/Straight Change
4. Curve/Slider

These allow the user to keep the hitter off balance. Show them the cutter just off the plate...show them the stright fastball in the same spot...then somewhere later in the at-bat, start the slider (all away) in the same spot as the two previous fastballs.

Like-movement pitches induce foul balls; getting the pitcher in 2 strike counts.

Along with this, starting pitches in similar areas of the strike zone are great for racking up K's.

A high and away straight fastball is a wonderful starting point for the high and away (I cannot emphasize AWAY enough. This curve has to be a ball) curveball to a like-handed hitter. The ball starts in the same place - same eye level - and can really fool a poor disciplined hitter.

I have PLENTY more to say on this subject, but it seems there's already some killer posts above me demonstrating the importance of in vs. out, up vs. down, and mixing speeds. All of which are essential to success.

Last edited by Geronimo22; 04-03-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove