View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #6
Geronimo22
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Food for Thought - Pitching Strategies '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
i was actually going to create a thread just like the classic pitching discussion again but this shall work just as well. that thread was money for tips and help from users, loved it way back when.

i've found myself using meter pitching this year actually and have actually enjoyed it where i used to play with only classic. the strike % are actually quite accurate so that's a plus.

as for strategies, i've learned over time that just because you need a strike doesn't mean you should throw one; also, sometimes placement is just as important as velocity while a good set-up pitch is just as important as the strike-out pitch.
Thanks for posting ILive. We have had great convo's back in the day! I changed the thread tittle and OP to talk about Settings and Preferences as well. I've gone with meter as well and I use an old technique that I posted about here

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-realism.html

BUT I've had some games were I was TOO wild. SO I might have to talk looking again.

As for Strat... Can you give me an example of what you meant by "just because you need a strike doesn't mean you should throw one"