View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #1776
HaYNNiner808
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Yo Josh...Have u ever tried lowering the IG? I know people want realistic penalty numbers, but I believe that the higher you go, the worse they play...It seems like the higher the penalty, the more aggressive they play, but that aggressive play leads to more failed attempts (ie missed block, let go of a block, more missed/broken tackles, more attempts at INT that are whiffs, guys backing away from a ball carrier near the sideline)...All of those are products of increasing the penalty number...I've definitely noticed improved play from decreasing the numbers, but you can't go too low because then the play is too good...It's almost like the higher the number, the more of a force field affect that is created by the opposite player...Hence why the defenders play better when stagger the OPI/DPI...Even if you have a small gap like one or two, the DB plays better...So if that is true, along with the known fact that decreasing clipping makes the down field blocking dramatically better, then wouldn't decreasing IG, just a bit, like 41 (I try to decrease and increase by threes) make for improved QB play?