Old 04-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #1806
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, three completely separate questions for you when you have a moment (apologize in advance for the length):
Three really good questions.

Quote:
1) You have often said that QA, IG, and Speed Threshold are closely linked. I get the first two, but can you explain why Speed Threshold plays a role? Is it that the lower it is, the more likely there is to be separation in the passing game?
1. I don't think that threshold's influence on IG is about separation. When IG is too low (or too high) I have seen CPU QBs bypass WIDE OPEN receivers. I really think that it is something 'under the hood' that causes this affect and it isn't something that manifests itself on the field. Food for thought: on NCAA 14, nearly EVERY gameplay slider and every penalty slider affects IG (we raised RTK once by 5 points and had to adjust IG downwards). Fortunately, I have not seen this here.

Quote:
2) In recent tests I've done trying out the OPI and DPI sliders, when I put OPI = 10 and DPI = 90, I clearly saw that coverage is way tighter. Now, you have said that lower Pass Coverage means better coverage but less aggression from the DBs (less INTs and deflections). So, just a thought...what about decreasing OPI and increasing Pass Coverage (and a higher DPI)? In theory, wouldn't this help tighten coverage AND increase INTs and deflections? When looking back at my notes while testing different versions of your AM Hybrid set, I used a version with OPI = 50, DPI = 90 and PC = 50, and then a version where I just lowered PC = 30, and the former version saw a range of 4-6 deflections a game while the latter resulted in half that. Thoughts?
WRC: I believe that this influences nearly every facet of the WRs game, not just how well they catch....I'll get back to this in a moment....

OPI: I prefer it high as it induces better catch animations from WRs and they are more aggressive going for the catch when WRC is at or below 50. If you want to go really low, WRs will not go after catches...as such, you would need to raise WRC to compensate.

PCV: Remember that high PCV does not equal better coverage. I think of it as more of the slider which influences how quickly a DB reacts to a ball...which is why you will see more deflections at higher settings. Problem: DBs will begin to completely ignore the guys they are supposed to be covering in man coverage.

DPI: The higher it is, the more tightly the DBs cover. Pure and simple.

OPI/DPI ratio: Whichever number is higher has the advantage. So, if you want to give the DB the advantage, their number should be higher...however, you might be better served also raising WRC as well. Remember, this is universal, so tweaks would have to be made to both sides.

Quote:
3) Finally, for a long time you (and others) have stated that we must match all slider setting between the Main Menu and the CFM. There's no doubt that matched/unmatched sliders impact game play. I've tested sliders out both ways (matched and with Main Menu at default), and I definitely see a difference, but ultimately I can't pinpoint what the difference is. Sometimes one way works better than others, depending on the slider set. So I often end up testing both ways, which can be tedious. Can you explain why we must always have them matched? Have you been able to pinpoint what happens when they don't match?
You answered your own question....it makes a difference. Could you potentially manipulate sliders by having different main menu and CFM sliders? Sure, if we had 3 years and this was the last version of Madden ever made. Without stating up-front that they have to match, we would get people with default main menu seeing different things then other people who had them both matching. It's the same mess we were in with the "Cam Newton" difficulty before King figured that out....some people had it set to All Pro (whining, "It's too easy...") and others had it set to AM (whining, "It's too hard...").