Old 05-01-2015, 07:40 AM   #30
Cletus
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
You say that like NHL 2K wasn't garbage by the time they folded. I loved 2K hockey to death, but moved over to EA when it became a vastly superior game.

NHL has been coasting for awhile, but it has with a much better game than 2K ever put out.
It depends on what you're looking for. I played a lot of EA hockey on the 360/ps3 era, but not so much 2k10. 2k10 did all of the little things, but EA was more fun. I remember being so pissed off that I wanted to throw my controller because Crosby kept stealing the puck from me down low on the forecheck. I just couldn't stop him. 2k took a lot of work to make it work. NHL 13 felt like a carbon copy of 2k10 to me with better graphics and EA style.

I love hockey video games (I'm still trying to fill that void) but things have got to get better. They just have to. I don't like watching the Lightning and then trying to play a game where Brendon Morrow plays exactly like Tyler Johnson. I want to be pissed that Crosby grinds me out because of line match ups. I want penalties.