Home

Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you?

This is a discussion on Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #25
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesizdead
Most interviewers don't play the NHL series, and only ask questions based on the PR kits they receive before the interviews.
I attended a couple of EA's closed events during the last five years, and there were a lot of good questions asked, by people playing club and 1v1 -games.
Both Rammer and Andy Agostini are good people who really care about the game, and our feedback was appreciated. They just don't have the resources required to deliver what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They care? Not to offend you or anyone, but not being honest to the fans regarding the absence of modes that were present in previous games is very deceiving. IMHO, they appreciate your feedback, but the result is still the final answer to your feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #26
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
I will buy the game when editing players is put back in. Until then, it is a no buy for me. I gotta have the Revamped Rosters to enjoy the game.
Yeah, this still baffles me...Madden does weekly updates to its roster so EA certainly knows that roster critiquing is an essential (and fun!) part of the game. I spend literally 1/2 of my sports games going thru rosters and editing ratings, equipment, etc.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

If NHL 16(compared to 15) is analogous to Madden 15(compared to 25) I will be more than happy to buy it. But given the disparity in team sizes I doubt we see that.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:15 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Bring back NHL 2K instead of this garbage
Old 05-01-2015, 03:36 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

You say that like NHL 2K wasn't garbage by the time they folded. I loved 2K hockey to death, but moved over to EA when it became a vastly superior game.

NHL has been coasting for awhile, but it has with a much better game than 2K ever put out.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:40 AM   #30
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavus
You say that like NHL 2K wasn't garbage by the time they folded. I loved 2K hockey to death, but moved over to EA when it became a vastly superior game.

NHL has been coasting for awhile, but it has with a much better game than 2K ever put out.
It depends on what you're looking for. I played a lot of EA hockey on the 360/ps3 era, but not so much 2k10. 2k10 did all of the little things, but EA was more fun. I remember being so pissed off that I wanted to throw my controller because Crosby kept stealing the puck from me down low on the forecheck. I just couldn't stop him. 2k took a lot of work to make it work. NHL 13 felt like a carbon copy of 2k10 to me with better graphics and EA style.

I love hockey video games (I'm still trying to fill that void) but things have got to get better. They just have to. I don't like watching the Lightning and then trying to play a game where Brendon Morrow plays exactly like Tyler Johnson. I want to be pissed that Crosby grinds me out because of line match ups. I want penalties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »