View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #36
The JareBear
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC 187: Jones vs. Rumble/Weidman vs. Belfort - May 23

This is still a great card despite the injury and Jon Jones crap.

Love the Dodson fight. Great matchup. The Burkman fight is good, love seeing Rose back in the cage. Great card

I've tried to stay away from the Jones saga on this board, I post about it enough over on SBnation. All I'm gonna say is this.

I hate Jon Jones. Like, legitimately, he irks me in a way few athletes can. I can't stand him at all, not sure there is an athlete I like less, maybe A-Rod. I've posted before on here that I think he has some deep seeded ego/self-conscious issues.

All that aside: Jon Jones is the baddest man on the planet. In my view he is undoubtably, as of right now, the greatest of all time. The guy is an unbelievably successful champion in the cage.

Out out of the cage he seems like a pretty huge ******* and frankly I think he probably doesn't have people around him telling him "No." It's probably a lot of "sure champ, whatever you say." I don't know enough to say for sure, maybe he's a full blown sociopath, or maybe he's just a kid who become a millionaire and started doing dumb as hell things, who knows. All I know is I remember a very humble and seemingly genuine guy in the ring during his early fights. When he lost to Hamill on the DQ I remember being impressed by how he handled it. I'm not sure which one is the real Jon Jones, that young and hungry kid, or the guy who seems more into partying than trainings despite living in ABQ now.

Now, above all else, I am a big mma fan and at the end of the day I want Jon Jones to come back. I want to see him try and go undefeated his whole career, how amazing would that be (the Hamill loss doesn't count).

Anyway, that for random, sorry.

I heard someone say they think DC Vs Rumble goes the way of Rumble vs Phil Davis. I'm not sure about that. DC is stronger than Davis in almost every way. I'd probably still have to bet on Rumble tho, that power in his hands is insane

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.