View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #14
jrose57
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Does real field goal % solve the high shooting percentage problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I've used real FG% for years in my associations. I've never been interested in learning shooting forms or worrying about timing. I'm more more interested in realistic games and stats. That said, while real FG%, proper sliders, and the latest roster may get realistic stats for played games, the roster "fix" of globally reducing everyone's shooting % has played havoc with sim stats and with long term franchises. With globally reduced shooting percentages for current players, drafted players, whether user created or generated quickly surpass many existing players.

One other thing I've heard is that the global reduction in shooting percentage has resulted in defenses sagging off shooters in an unrealistic fashion. I personally haven't noticed this, but others have said they have.

In a perfect world with good sliders and solid player ratings, I will always prefer real fg%
Thank you for your answer too man! Umm from what I know of, (I am an association dude), 2K has decreased ratings for all players, so in the latest official roster, the players on the teams which includes the injured ones, the free agents, and also the generated rookies in association (I think is called Myleague now), then it is fair isn't it because nobody is actually NOT CHANGED yet??? Please confirm this one with me because if they did leave out some players, the roster rating is f**ked up!

As for the defenders not getting close due to the fact that the shooting ratings for everyone got lower, I personally didn't see this at all as well, I play on superstar and touched on some sliders on the defense (nothing big tho), I really don’t see this particular problem, anyone has a say about this?