View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #15
Shady Mike
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does real field goal % solve the high shooting percentage problem?

To answer the question of the Thread title: Yes.

Real shooting % does much more than just allow you to shoot without knowing the release. It limits players and prohibits them from hitting shots that are out of their range. With user timing if you are wide open and you get a perfect release the shot goes in...period. To me that's pretty far from realistic so I use Real FG%...sometimes guys make shots they should miss and sometimes guys miss shots they should make. No matter how good you are in real life the ball going in the rim is still up to probability, and Real FG% is the only way to replicate that.

Now if we are talking about which is more fun then yea that is a different story. I can totally understand why someone wouldn't want to just hold square and pray, but at the same time I find myself less immersed when I spend an hour staring at a blue bar at the bottom of my player as well...also considering the fact that I use custom sig shots, I don't have time to re learn shot releases every time I find a better jumpshot for a player...while each side has a case for which play style is more enjoyable, but I do not believe there is a debate when it comes to simulation gameplay, real shooting % is the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove