View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #19
piffman11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Year 2 Discussion - 2015-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosston
I don't even know where to start with this game.

For the first half of the game, Ole Miss forgets what the goal of football is and spots the #1 team in the nation a 28 point lead. Ole Miss was able to pull 7 back with a touchdown in the last 23 seconds of the half, but Georgia got the ball to start the third. Finally, the Ole Miss defense decided to play.

Ole Miss had a dominant third quarter, winning it 17-0, and held Georgia to a field goal on its next possession, meaning that after going down 28 points, Ole Miss would get the ball back with a chance to tie. Unfortunately, on the following possession, while trying to set up a screen, Whittaker got sacked and fumbled, effectively ending all hopes of shocking the world.

Overall, after the worst start imaginable, Ole Miss ended up putting out a respectable performance. While we were worried about the Georgia run game, it ended up being the aerial attack that caused the most damage. Their run game is good for consistent 5 and 6 yard carries on sweep plays, rarely running straight between the tackles. The passing game is nothing special, but if a receiver is open, he will get the ball, and Georgia is patient, letting plays develop.
Good game man...I really tried to get my run game going but my passing attack is clearly my focus this year. You put your corners and safeties on an island a few times and let my speedy WRs expose a little lack of speed in your secondary. For some reason my front seven didn't want to stop the run in the 3rd quarter and let your RB gash us for 8 to 10 yard gains.

As I expected Treadwell is a key part of his offense and sometimes he put faith in his star WR to go up and get the ball. I'm proud that my secondary did a pretty good job defending him but we still need to improve and let some of these young players get their feet wet. Ole Miss didn't give up and pulled the game back and if they keep playing like they did in the second half they will never be out of a game.