itchyroll_51
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sapphire Paul George is Amazing as PF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Spot on.
It is not personal but the hypocrisy is huge in OS. When someone runs T-Mac or MJ or anything at PG we condemn him to fire, when we play double team cheese we give a cool name like "chaos defense" and we claim that this seems like cheese but it aint. Sorry, it is, you have just found a way to master it. PG13 can be a terrific PF because of the broken post play of this game. In any decent sim game a gold duncan would score against him in every play

Do we do cheese things in our game? Mostly we do. I won seed 1 with Ruby Kobe as PG. I won't say however that I developed his playmaking skills and that I made him be a "dimer"

Come on!!!

If there was a thread called LBJ is an amazing PG with a video of LBJ playing PG and doing basline dunks every possesion against Chris Paul, I wonder how much hate comments I would read.

I don't know why this would be more cheesy than playing George at PF with endless "chaos" double teams.
Shane Battier was PF not long ago and his go to defensive strategy was to double team and then the rest of the team will play 3 on 4 on D + go front the post. The strategy i have chosen has existed in the NBA before, but i admit i am doing a poor job of recreating it properly. Part of that is on me, and part of it is on 2K.

Also myTeam is like basketball RPG fantasy land, that game mode allows for crazy things to happen. If you have seen my other videos and tutorials i don't promote double teaming as a strategy on online rank or any offline game modes. On myTeam it seems like a viable tactic; NOW I know is cheese when done in a certain way. I guess i am trying hard to find a way to do it that isn't cheesy. The Heat has done it before, and i want to try to create a MyTeam version of it.

I also understand the Heat blitzes PnRs but not isolations. However the zig zag on isolation is so strong on myTeam it feels like blitzing it with a double team is a sound strategy. I have played very strong players on RTTP before where the blitzing doesn't work and i have to settle back into a more traditional man on man defense. Faced a guy with PD larry bird as PF, that's pretty much saying blitz with you PF and DIE lol I only blitz that guy when Larry Bird had the ball in the corner. Rest of the way i played him man on man. He also had Onyx Kobe at point... that was a hell of a team lol.....

Game play here:

I double team because i choose to play a SF as PF (like Shane Battier back then), and when i can't do that I slide LMA to play the four and switch to a traditional defense. Is that cheesy ? I am honestly asking, i don't take anything personal; i understand we are all here to talk 2K tactics

I feel like i have mastered this weird form of defense, do i use it because it works well ? Or do i not use it because it looks like cheese ? I don't feel like is cheese because it took so much time to design and a lot of effort to carry out. My double teams don't yield open threes like the amateur ones because I tailored it with specific settings and POE's. Is so hard to pull off correctly, there's a lot of risk involved. I want to defend it as a legit tactic when done my way, but i can see the cheese argument too at first glance. I am taking this up against COACH2K next weekend; maybe putting it against a true sim head like him will let others judge it differently haha

I will keep working at this, and hopefully one day it will come out not looking like cheese ^_^
Advertisements - Register to remove