View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
Kas905
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Learn from your previous AB's. Use the pitch history early and often. It is an on the fly scouting report for you.

Be patient as other have mentioned. It cannot be stressed enough. It also allows you to see a pattern being established.

Go with the pitch. Especially on 2 strike counts as mentioned above. And for the most part use the contact swing on 0-2 and 1-2 counts, to fight pitches off and work the count back into your favor.

Experiment with different cameras. Finding your perfect batting view is crucial to long term success (I use Catcher zoom 3 and swear by it).

Don't be afraid to take the first pitch a lot. Especially online. Most of the time when I play DD most first pitches are out of the zone. I do this for several innings and then the next thing you know I am getting fastballs down the pipe on 0-0 to mash.

I don't use guess pitch. I feel it actually makes you a weaker hitter over the long haul.

Also...you will go through major hot streaks as well as major cold streaks. When your going cold (I was two weeks ago...in a bad way) step away from the game for 48 hours. It will do wonders. Trust me.
Yes and yes. Break from the game really is (at least for me) best cure for hitting slumps. When I go back for few days, I'm batting so much better, dont know why that is.