View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #43
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: IF the gameplay is good enough, can it make up for what CFM appears to be lacking

No because even if game play was phenomenal I can only play so much h2h before I'm frustrated without a more immersive mode. If solid game play without a solid franchise were enough, I'd be playing that other football game from 2007. Now on the other hand, like others have mentioned, a solid NFL based CFM could carry lacking game play, for example any Madden this past decade coupled with a HC09 Franchise would have been drastically better.

That said, let's be real about this being a big IF, to SkyBoxer's point, there is a lot that goes into solid game play, beyond improved player movement, all 22 true step, wr/db interactions, etc. Granted those and more would be welcome additions but the list to get Madden game play to "good enough", meaning on par with with where other lauded sports titles have their game play in 2015, is substantial. They still have yet to get aspects of game play equal to past football games, even if that's some's definition of good enough.