View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #883
mkharsh33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Another small update - 3 things to look at if you're updating these:

- user quickness and user vertical are now both at 35. I was seeing too many of my guards block shots from the wing, and that wasn't realistic.

- the other big change is lowering user steal success down to 45 - so now both the user and cpu are the same.

something grabbed my attention the other day: we have all seen how the cpu will note a "blocked shot" as a STEAL instead. So I started wondering if there was something to this... What I THINK I'm now seeing, by lowering this a slight bit - is now those weird blocked shots animations are going away. It looks less like a suction type of block, and more like an actual athletic play. I also had a play today (using the 94-95 Bulls) where Scottie Pippen drove on Shawn Bradley and what happened was a thing of beauty, where Pippen was able to double clutch his shot to get AROUND Bradley's outstretched arm. Before this change, there would have been some stupid animation that didn't look realistic. So maybe we're now onto something.

again, as stated: you will NOT win any jump balls with this setup on the vertical slider. but it's a small concession to make.

But I'll admit, I'm having MORE fun now with this set than I have, and I think we might finally be onto something. Thanks!